Thursday, December 9, 2010

Fly Fisherman Superhero

So something that I don't write about very often, or maybe ever, is my passion for fly fishing. I spend most of my free time in the winter, reading, youtubeing, and dreaming about it. I really love it. 

I was listening to "Talk of the Nation" today on OPB radio and they interview was about comics and their importance in America. I couldn't believe how big the comic industry is today. I have always heard about the "hay-day" of comics in the 50's but I never knew that it was still just as huge, or more today. 

While listening my mind started to wonder, what about a comic where the main character was a fly fisherman. His foe is the evil villains, wind, rain, and hot sun, and the leader, the one that may never face defeat is the the wife who doesn't understand. Of course these would have to come in the form of actual physical beings, and when they attacked, the fly fisherman would yield his weapons; the fly, the rod, and the weight forward line. If the fly fisherman was skunked, he was defeated, if he caught a fish, he was victorious. 

So, what do you think? Would it be read? If only I was a little more creative, I think I could be a millionaire with this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment