Thursday, February 10, 2011

From last weekend

I am sitting in a little cabin. The most amazing part of where I am is that my wife is right across from me. She is beautiful. Our two dogs our zonked out on the couch next to her. It’s a small cabin; maybe ten feet wide, less then 40 feet long, with 12 foot ceilings. Even with its lack of size, I could live here. There is nothing but a little bit of grass and 3-4 pine trees between my front door and the river. “What river?” you may be asking yourself. Well it is the majestic and mystic Metolius. My wife and I have spent a day relaxing in a very mild early February on the banks of the mighty and legendary Metolius. We started out the day with homemade biscuits and gravy, yes biscuits and gravy - it was wonderful, fulfilling, and you have a problem with that, get a life. Then we walked to the store to buy a few items we forgot. I then spent a few hours fishing, I’ll address this later, and my wife spent the day embroidering (by hand) Oscar and Aloha’s names into the dog’s seat cover that she sewed herself.

I love my wife. She is everything I could have ever hoped for and so much more. Her amazing abilities around the house are going to bless our family for many years. I have only fallen more and more in love with her over the last three years we have been together. I can’t believe the feats we had to overcome, and I can think of a few still ahead of us, but we have done it. We have stuck together and not taken the easy road. I love you, my love.

So…

Yes! I did fish the mighty Met. today. It was a hard day to say the least. I fished for about 4 ½ hours and only landed one fish. I had to have my wife pull off my hip boots for me – they were full of water. I did hook a couple other fish, but the triumph wasn’t in the fish today. I have caught fish here before. The triumph I had today was that the fish I landed was on a fly that I had tied. This was a wonderful and new experience for me. I started tying flies about six weeks ago and I have gotten better and better, the firsts were UG-LY. I was very proud today. In fact I am still smiling about it.

The weather was amazing this afternoon. After the morning clouds went away, the sun came out and it warm up very nicely.

I have had a day that I will remember for a long time.

2 comments:

  1. God I love that river... and I love the name of your blog aswell, Its what I named my daughter, in hopes that she embodies the term-

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. Your wife is a lucky woman to have these adorations in writing to cherish! There's nothing quite like a solitary country getaway! I feel the same way about Ben's hunting cabin in Lapine. Who needs running water? :-) keep writing friend! When you can pull yourself away from the water.

    ReplyDelete