Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Worship and a really good mom.

First and foremost, I love my wife. I just got to bring her an arizona tea at her work and when I got there, she was slaving away, mopping the floor all by herself. She works very hard to keep us afloat financially.

So I haven't been going to church very much lately. This is the first time in my life that I have struggled with attending. There are a few different reasons, but mainly its because I don't want to. What I am about to share is a little personal and I hope it doesn't get taken wrong so on...

My wife and I have felt very isolated at the place we have been attending. This is OUR fault, and we take full responsibilty for getting us into this position. But I don't take the responsibility for the length of time we have been feeling this way... (that's all I am saying)

I foresee many changes coming in our life when it comes to church things. But most of all I have learned some things that I want to pass on to you.


One. Take care of your ministers. Whether they our your youth ministers, pastors, or people who are trying to take care of you, know that they have needs too. Too often people who try to fulfill other's needs don't have anyone to fulfill their own.

Two. (This goes hand-in-hand with the first). Those who serve need to be served. Every one has needs. For some reason we always think that the people in charge or up front or serve are perfect just the way they are. BUT WE WERE WRONG. Servants are great people, leaders, and sometimes they need great people to take care of them.

Three. Take care of your family. If your family is unhappy, SOMETHING IS WRONG. Fix it. Love them enough to help them.

Four. My mother loves me. Yes, I already new this. But she reminded me of it last night. I love you too mom!


Christ, I need you to lead my family back to you. Bring us to a family that will surround us and take care of us. We need people to get us back on our own two feet. In Jesus' name, Amen.




I reserve the right not to talk to you about this. But you have permission to inquire.

2 comments:

  1. I had a really bad day when I wrote this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry! At least the bad days make striking foils for the good. I'm praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete