Thursday, January 21, 2010

political activism BS!

So outside the library there was a really cute older women with a terrier dog and they were handing out pamphlets. All anyone could see of the pamphlets was the back. It had a pretty picture of animals in green grass and the "compassion" on the top. I took one thinking it was about pet adoption - which I advocate for rather then breeders - I was wrong. 

I looked at the pamphlet I had so naively taken and to my astonishment - it was about cruelty to farm animals raised for food in factories. 

So I read it, and I kept an open mind while my mind was getting assaulted with the worst images possibly found. I knew it was time for the conclusion as the pages were getting less and less. I turn to the last page to see the words, "What Can You Do?" I look down with a little anticipation to see a informed solution and I see "BOCA" and "Gardenburgers". 

I laughed.

I was expecting some awesome ideas on sustainable farming, and how Oregon should quite growing grass and actually make some food, but no I was suppose to support the corporate vegetarian companies. 

TO YOU THAT MADE THE PAMPHLET: you lost all my respect and the empathy I built up while looking at disgusting pictures of the food I hold very dear to my heart. You suck. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's freaking hilarious. I have to say though, as the marketing coordinator for a 'clean tech' manufacturer... I've participated in pushing my corporate agenda in noble agenda disguise. Not quite the boca-bull-slaughter-brochure technique, but still.... Even when you believe in what you sell, being in marketing steals a bit of your soul. :-)

    ReplyDelete